Friday, January 8, 2010

What Are Some Time Deposits



Years ago, too many to remember the details, I read an interesting article by an anthropologist on an Aboriginal tribe. The members of this tribe found a strange peculiarity: if they were invariably committed suicide in their jail cell. As context, may seem an understandable behavior in case of life imprisonment. But it would be much less pain for a few days, which, however, was the same grisly end. The fact, in the first half of last century, then drew a scientist studies in an attempt to understand its causes.

What emerged was very interesting. The members of this (as I said, I do not remember the details and names belong to this category, unfortunately ...) tribes did not have the concept of the future. He could not be explained how this phenomenon would have occurred, Yet what became clear from studies. Therefore, by changing the present condition for eternal and immutable, the perception of the prison became without any perspective, depressing, hopeless and unworthy of being lived. So Aboriginal people commit suicide.
might seem a short story by Borges or Philip K. Dick, but it is instead drawn from memories of a very serious test of Levi-Strauss (er, I hope the clarification is unnecessary, but clearly I'm not talking about one of Jeans ...) So
perspective. In this case the difference between life and death. I

instead Fromm having learned an interesting feature of a language that I speak English. "Ser" and "Estar" use two verbs are clearly distinguished but both translated into Italian with the word "Being." Phonetically, and even more so knowing its meaning, one might argue that "estar" is tantamount to "be." Yet it would not be correct since, as I refer, in the English division is sharp and hard: the first verb "Ser" is used for permanent conditions (I am seventy-five feet high), the second "Estar" for temporary conditions (I'm sick). The distinction is not exactly a stickler for, docet GNP, with the language we create our perception of reality. Then we would create the perception that inadvertently using the verb "ser" next to "Prisoner "...?
Still
perspectives. In this case those that that NLP calls "self-limiting beliefs." The cages are larger and more secure than those of our mind. Sound strange? It would be interesting to ask Aboriginal cited, unless, meanwhile, have not been extinguished ...

At this point, however, is worth a small detour to avoid naive fallacies of composition.
Some argue that it is not true that black thinking I create a black reality as it is not true that beat in a motorcycle race Valentino Rossi thinking about it. You try a reductio ad absurdum or so naive as out of place (the proofs by contradiction are effective only within a system closed).
Others argue that it is true that black thinking I create a reality black, then I think to beat Valentino Rossi be able to do so. In this case, instead we see the childish syllogism so dear to the proponents of positive thinking.
Where is the error common to both points of view? It could be said to "reckon without his host."
Yes, because the attitude, positive or negative, will produce only what the subject will have the means to achieve. If there are resources to win the champion, but also just to get an appointment or to build a table, then the attitude to carry it out, or they will not never do that.
So why argue that seeing black produces unhappiness? Well, this resource to be unhappy because we have plenty: just put in the eyes with which we assess the reality of a dark filter and also the most beautiful things immediately become gray.

therefore clarifies the importance of training hard to acquire the means to help our purposes, we can return to the perspective. Because it will determine whether or not these means will produce fruit, as well as whether or not to create the sad cages.

0 comments:

Post a Comment